Monday, October 10, 2011

How Ryan proposed!

Ryan planned a trip to San Francisco to attend Fleet week.
The day before the Air Show we...
Went to the beautiful San Francisco Zoo
Watched the Blue Angels practice above us
at the Row of Painted Ladies also known as Full House

Visited Mrs. Doubtfire

Then we headed to the gorgeous park of Palace of Fine Arts...

 Ryan and I love parks.  We officially became a couple at Wardlow Park in Long Beach.  We've had several picnics at Carbon Canyon Regional Park in Brea.  We designated Palace of Fine Arts as "our park in San Francisco."

The monuments were intricately detailed and it's surrounded by a beautiful lake and fountain.  It is no wonder they chose this location to film a scene from Sean Connery's The Rock.   As we walked around, we looked for a park bench to sit on.

When we sat, I proceeded to talk Ryan's ear off as he nervously waited for a clearing so he can pop the big question. 

After sitting at this park bench for about 15 mins, I suggested to go home.  We were finally alone so....he said, "I have a question for you..." He quickly got down on one knee, pulled out a brown box from his pocket, and said, "Julia Santos Cruz, will you marry me?"

Appropriately, I gave my future husband a love beating
as I told him to "shut up."
After he sat back on the park bench, I said my heartfelt "YES" as I started to tear up
and thank God for Ryan Matthew Chung...

No comments: