In my last entry I said I was no longer MIA and now we're here...7 months later. haha.
What have I been up to?
 |
With the beautiful Bride, Marianne.
My dearest friend, Marianne, married Chris on 10.10.10. The ceremony was at the Korean Friendship Bell Park in San Pedro and the view was breathtaking. I'm so happy for them. |
 |
Looking out at Hollywood Bowl
Later in October, Ryan and I took Russell (Rj) and Celeste to watch the Sound of Music Sing-a-long at Hollywood Bowl. It was a fun night of singing, dancing (from Celeste) and carrying the tired kids on to the bus ride home. I loved it. |
 |
On the World Famous San Francisco Trolley
I spent my Thanksgiving in San Francisco with Ryan's family. Had a great time playing video games, eating great food, napping, and just hanging out. (Sounds like what my family does, right?) Ryan also took me around the city, had dim sum and finally had Ryan's favorite tea and his uncle made delicious crab. It was great to see him interact with his family, hear all the funny stories and see where he grew up. A few family members told me how much they like Filipino food. Gotta practice so I live up to my family's taste of delicious cooking. :)
|
 |
sleepover!
As most of you know, Ryan met the family during Christmas. We broke tradition and had it Christmas Eve with a sleepover which we hadn't done since we were in Kid's Club. Now that we're "grown", we took up 2-3 rooms. We played games, had a little fashion show and had our most creative White Elephant game ever. We just come up with the best games. (Lands!) |
 |
We are the threeeee aaaamigos.
I spent New Year's at Ryan's church, Gateway Friends, where they had their annual Talent/No Talent Show. Ryan did the "My Little Buttercup" dance routine with his friends Johnny and Min. It was hilarious. I seriously think I should do this skit with Ate and Kuya. I know how to make the costumes. :) |
 |
ARRRGH!
Afterwards, we went to Pasadena to see the Rose Parade floats. I dressed like I was going to the snow and I still got cold. Its totally worth staying up until 4am. It would have been better with a pink box of donuts. |
 |
2am Picture text from Kuya
Welcome the newest member of the family, Aurelia Josette Maranan! She was born Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011 (12:53 AM) 7lbs, 11oz, 21in. For those that didn't know, Kuya and Melody were waiting to find out the sex of the baby. I received this picture text 2am without ever mentioning the sex of the BABY!! It drove me insane....but he recorded Mom, Ate and I when he told us the great news. Its at the end of the video Kuya made (check it out on his Facebook): Just FYI, the part of my recording that says, "??????" I was screaming, "Because its a GIRL!!!" See...I know my brother's schemes. :) |
 |
Ribeye steak, lobster mash, and spinach cream
Ryan took me to Maestro's Steakhouse for our Valentine's date to have my first experience at a REAL steakhouse. I've never had steak like this! It was in good ol' fancy Beverly Hills where we thought we saw LeBron come into Maestro's to eat his sorrows away after a horrific All Star game. :) But it wasn't him....and we don't know who the highly guarded people were. If you go, get the lobster mash potatoes. |
The beginning of the WAVE of weddings has started. Already had 2 in one day!
 |
Jessica and Matt
Jessica and Matt's wedding was at the Old World Church in Costa Mesa. It was a cute German village replica. The guy who married them was hilarious and I almost cried 2-3 times because I was so happy for them. God is good. |
 |
With the birthday girl, Sitha
Later that evening, I took Ryan (his Christmas present) and my friend Sitha (her birthday present) to watch the musical, Wicked with a bunch of our friends. It was my first time and I loved it! I couldn't stop singing "Defying Gravity" until the next morning. I highly reccommend you watch it and take me with you. :) |
 |
At the Shark Tank, Thanksgiving Day Weekend
I've added Hockey to sports that I watch and I've officially become a Sharks fan. How do I know? I've added their schedule to my calendar along side Laker's. |
Here are some other updates:
- Working more hours at church now. Its been something I've been praying about for a loong time so, thank you Jesus. Excited to see how God is working and will work at LBFC.
- My mom will be visiting Kuya in April. I'm hoping to meet Aurelia and spend time over in Elko during the summer. Praying about this and that Ate and family as well as Ryan can come. :)
- Excited for Tammie and Kev's wedding this April in Vegas! Although I won't be able to attend, I'm excited that my friend, Amie will be getting married this coming May! I'm also a bridesmaid for my friends', Frances and Sam's wedding in June. And there are more weddings to come...
- My dearest and close friends, Sophorn and Neil are expecting their 2nd child this May. Shiloh will be an Ate and they're having a baby boy....who will be named, Maximus. (jk) :) Marianne (picture above) and Chris are also expecting their first child together in July. I love babies!
Hope you guys are doing well! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment