Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cambodia Trip: Food


Wow.
This is more than a month late but better late than never.
Thank you for your prayers and support during this trip. It was definitely a trip of a lifetime and I can't wait to go again.
I'm breaking down the Cambodia trip into segments. There's just too much that happened to share in one entry.

Time to galabant around the world.

Cambodian food is very similar to Vietnamese and Thai. Let's go try some!
In Cambodia, everything is freshly made, grown, etc. This meal was prepared by my friend, Somatra's, family who grew, harvested or raised everything we ate during this meal. The spices are more intense. My spice tolerance definitely went up.

Here are some of my favorite dishes/drinks




Beef Lok Lak - cubed or sliced beef with vegetables that you eat with rice and a lime/pepper sauce to dip the meat. This was prepared by my friend, Danny's family.
Nothing beats home cooked meals.





Prepared at a restaurant called Moon Shack III in Kampong Sam, the beach,
I got SEAFOOD!
Grilled shrimp, squid and barracuda with a slightly sweet potato fries = mmm.... I also tried their grilled red snapper and a fresh mango smoothie.
Salivating remembering these meals.





We also had iced coffee twice a day. Their iced coffee is sweetened with condense milk. Its REALLY
good if you ask for only a little bit.
I do like my coffee sweet...







The fruits were AMAZING! We had Dragon Scales which are like huge kiwis without having to peel the skin.
Its best when its ice cold.
My favorite was the fresh lychee-like fruit.
The shell looks like a sea urchin.





And last but not least:

This was served to us at one of my friend's houses as a snack. Unfortunately, I didn't eat it when I had the chance. (Yes, I wanted to try cricket!) The boys ate it though. Somatra and her brother, Chris ate snake. She didn't appreciate the texture and said she wouldn't eat it again.

I guess I'll have to go back to Cambodia again to try it.
Care to join me?

1 comment:

Julie said...

lets! text me when you're available. :)