Whoa.
I know some of you have been out of the country and since I have not, please share your tips!!! I'm kinda trippin'. Haha.
Things I'm concerned about and ask that you please pray for me and the team:
- Culture Shock: I know to expect it and I'll just have to learn to deal with it. I know I'm going to miss home but pray that I'll learn to enjoy the moment, the present.
- Getting sick: I got my shots but I hate diarrhea. I know its inevitable but yeah...I hope its not so bad that we'll be miserable the whole time. And of course...we don't want anyone to get seriously sick or injured. Pray for safety in all aspects.
- The Killing Fields: Cambodia has a dark history and although, I actually want to see and learn more...I dread the grief it will unearth.
- Not knowing the language: I should be used to the fact that I don't know Tagalog and have been surrounded by people who do. I've been warned that it will get to me that I won't understand what's happening especially for 3 weeks. I like to talk to people...AND I want to make friends. So please pray that I will build bridges beyond the use of language.
Things that I'm excited for:
- FOOD!: I love Cambodian food especially the spicy stuff so that will definitely be a delight. I heard they have the best FRUIT over there. I also know the food could get us sick. haha...a battle worth taking on. :)
- Meeting Families: we'll be meeting some of my friends' families in Cambodia. I'm excited to see where their families came from and getting to know them more.
- Bonding and getting to know the people I'm going with to Cambodia: Some of them I'm very close to. Some of them I'm just barely getting to know. I know this trip will be bonding for us. I really look forward to that.
- Because of the movie, Up, I've been inspired to take on adventure. I realize this will definitely be one... :)
Please continue to pray for the ENTIRE team.
I know I can't do this alone.
Top Row: Maureen, Chris, Somatra, Joe
Bottom: Kristen, Julie, Monica, Sitha and me
There's one person who is going but not pictured.
He was added to the team later. His name is Danny.
Thank you for your prayers. I'm praying for you guys too. *muah
No comments:
Post a Comment