Monday, August 2, 2010

MIA, no longer!

I cannot believe my last post was in October. That's pathetic. :-/
I haven't even talked about 2010!!


Here have been some major highlights:
  • In March, I finally went to the Philippines for the first time with Mommy: it was hard to say goodbye to Tito Bayani but it was great to see family and where my mom grew up. I cannot wait to go back.
  • If you haven't checked Facebook yet, my boyfriend's name is Ryan. We met through our churches. Two of my dearest friends from his church went with me to Cambodia last year. This picture is from 4th of July at Wilson Park. Rj and Celeste approved. :) We'll see if Ayden and Armando will....hahaha.
  • Lakers repeat. WOO!
  • Went to Vintage Tea Leaf in Long Beach with Mom, Ate and the kids for our birthday. Got fancy with cool hats, spoke in British accents and drank marvelous tea. A bird got into the place and the kids loved it.
  • In the end of June, I was interviewed during our Sunday worship Service. If you'd like to hear it, here's the link. Its under Oaks of Righteousness - Trust on June 27th. I would love to hear feedback. http://www.lbfc.org/2010englishsermons.php
  • Ryan took me to watch Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. I highly recommend it!! This year's theme is Eat, Drink and Be Merry. No pictures were allowed but pictures wouldn't do. You have to see it. It's live artwork of famous paintings. http://www.foapom.com/
  • Attended a Swell Season (Once) and She & Him (Zooey Deschanel) concert at the Hollywood Bowl with my girlfriends. Here's one of their songs:

  • I also went to the Magic Castle in Hollywood with Ryan's family. It's a mansion where you have dinner and you travel throughout the mansion to watch magic shows. Since we tended to sit in the front row, I was called up several times. (I was nervous!) The magicians would walk around the castle doing tricks. I kept thinking about Kuya Chester and the infamous quarter he swallowed....hehehe.
Some things I'm looking forward to:
  • Going to be a Tita again. Kuya Chester and Mel are expecting. :) The newest member is expected to arrive in February.
  • Going to Joshua Tree next week to watch a meteor shower. I expect hotness and beauty.
  • In September, I'm attending a conference in Chicago. Very excited.
  • One of my dear friends, Amie is getting married and I hope to go to her wedding on New Year's Eve in Atlanta. (correction: Amie is getting married in St. Louis)
(yes, I have the travel bug again.)

1 comment:

Amie said...

Oh YAY! I love me some Julie updates!!!

(p.s. The tickets will be even cheaper than you imagine because I failed to mention that we're getting married in St. Louis!!!)

(p.p.s. I for real LOVE YOU!)

(p.p.p.s. the "word verification" code for this comment says "fooli" haha)