I wore the Laker shirt Grandma gave me. She would've loved this season. It wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be but my friends and I did our best to avoid the crazy spots: Coliseum and Staples. I heard that the Coliseum was great but I was not willing to get up 5am to have to have seats that would've been worth it. I received a text from my friend at 6:15am that there were already thousands waiting.
We took the Metro from Long Beach to Staples around 7:30am. I love the Metro - no traffic, no fuss.We stayed along the parade route: a little north of Venice on Figueroa. We had very few people on our side of the street so we had front row view. Here are some awesome pictures taken by my friend. Although he zoomed, we were that close...

A group picture of most of us. We got those signs and Vitamin Water for free. I really wanted the Cookies/Puppets signs.

Magic was one of the people that actually cheered back to us!

Gasol was the other person who cheered at us too. :)

This is my only picture of Farmar. Do you see his head right there? Haha...oh and here's Bynum. Haha

4th RING! Kobe...Almost missed him because he was on the other side.
After the parade, people started running towards the Coliseum. Thankfully, we didn't follow. After that, we went home. The only time we were in a big crowd was waitng for the metro line to go back to Long Beach.
We already have plans for next year's parade.
So tell me if you want to come. We can bring the pink box donuts :)
2 comments:
COOOOL! aww.. I wish I went.
I don't know why...but I was scared to go. I'm weird.
I was scared too, hehe. "Better be careful, you might get trampled there." I'm glad Julie knows all the safe spots. Pink donuts!!!
Post a Comment